Are you looking to build your website in WordPress by yourself? WordPress is very easy to use and you can learn it within a short period of time. WordPress allows you to build great SEO friendly website or blog having lots of built in themes & customizable plugins. You would just need to know some very basic search skills (i.e know how to Google), and the ability to follow instructions given thereafter.
Getting started with WordPress:
The very first thing you need to do is install and setup WordPress. First, decide whether you would want to use WordPress.com vs WordPress.org. The Major difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org is that who is hosting your WordPress files.
With WordPress.org, you will host your own blog or website. You need to buy hosting server and your hosting company will Pre-install WordPress in your hosting account. Your web address will be an example: hostingcharges.in
With WordPress.com, your website will be hosted by WordPress community itself, you don’t have to download software, pay for hosting, or manage a web server. Here you will get web address like hostingcharges.wordpress.com
Now that you have chosen the right platform, the next step is to choose your domain and hosting. The next step is to choose a domain name and web hosting. We have a guide to help you choose the best WordPress hosting.
WordPress Hosting Companies:
The hosting providers we recommend below are WordPress specialized web hosts offering WordPress optimized packages, best security, great uptime and many more WordPress features:
Premium WordPress hosting, starting at Rs. 309 per month
The best all-around WordPress host. Affordable Hosting with Lifetime Free Domain option, starting @ Rs.99/month.
InMotion Hosting — Easy WordPress hosting with premium support and the lowest cost at $3.45/mo!
Bigrock.in — Managed WordPress hosting specifically optimized for WooCommerce sites.
ZnetLive —. Great WordPress features with Dedicated support
- iPage — Maybe the easiest way to build a WordPress website. Hosting, setup, and themes included as low as $1.99/month
Essential WordPress Plugins:
Below listed are few top-rated WordPress plugins required for every website and very useful for beginners:
1. SEO WordPress plugins for better search engine rankings(SERP) - WordPress SEO by Yoast, All in One SEO Pack, SEO Friendly Image
2. Social sharing plugins for better Social media marketing - Social sharing toolkit, Ultimate Social Media
3. Contact form plugins: Contact form 7, WPForms , Ninja forms, Form Maker
4. Backup plugins - Updraft Plus, BackUp WordPress, BackupBuddy, VaultPress
5. Security plugins for better website secutiy - Sucuri Security, WordFence Security
6. Speed-up plugins for better website load - W3 Total-cache, WP Super Cache
Resources to Read:
Below are some of best websites which are updated regularly and very useful resources for beginners to learn WordPress without depending anyone..
- WORDPRESS CODEX - An authoritative resource for information and documentation regarding WordPress sites.
- WP Rocket Me – This website will help you make WordPress website launch much faster.
- WPKube -is a great place online to find any WordPress-related term, tip, and tutorial.
- WP101 - covers all the basic and advanced tools for becoming familiar with WordPress.
- WPHUB - A place you can find WordPress themes, and features and basics of creating a site using the platform.
- WP Sessions - help you with tons of great resources directly from WordPress experts.
- CollectiveRay - Covers all WordPress posts for finding WordPress developers.
- WPExplorer - WordPress related content including tutorials, themes, and other freebies.
Premium WordPress Themes:
Below are some of the Premium WordPress theme companies providing highly coded premium theme with best support included:
WordPress Website Customizations, Maintenance, and Support
If you are still looking for WordPress website support in fixing your WordPress site, or keeping it up to date then below ffolks can help!
Codeable — Need a minor customization? Get help from 200+ WordPress experts in 10 minutes or less!
WebTegrity — Friendly, professional support services for your WordPress site.
Maintain — 24/7 security monitoring, backups, updates and professional support services on any host.
WP Curve — 24/7 WordPress support from $69 per month.
WP Site Care — Friendly WordPress support services from $79 per month.
ManageWP — Manage all of your WordPress sites from one dashboard.
Sucuri — Hacked? These guys can help! Web monitoring and malware clean up service.