Whether you are looking for a platform to host your new food blog or to host your company’s new website, the internet offers several options that will enable you to showcase your content to the world.
Even if you’re new to blogging, chances of you missing the term WordPress are slim. After all, it is the most popular blogging system on the internet. In fact, as of January 2015, it was reported that more than 23.3% of the top 10 million websites were powered by WordPress. In addition to this, choosing the right web hosting is without a doubt one of the key components of a successful blog or website. When relying on WordPress for your online content, it is best to opt-out of a cookie-cutter hosting platform and chooses one that is specifically designed to support your WordPress blog.
With the right WordPress hosting service, you can make sure that the server is compatible with the PHP version 5.2.4 or greater along with a MySQL version of 5.0 or greater. So, what is it that makes WordPress hosting this effective? Here’s what:
- It is very flexible. WordPress allows you to create just about anything that allows you to share your ideas with the world. Personal blogs, newsletters, photoblogs, magazines, and professional portfolios are some of the websites created on WordPress.
- It is easy to use. Setting up a WordPress account is easy as pie. If you’re new to blogging, the dashboard might look a little daunting at first, but once you’ve settled in, navigating through the site is quite comfortable. You don’t need to have knowledge of HTML to use WordPress, although this can be an advantage if you want to modify your website on your own. But for all basic purposes, the platform is self-sufficient, providing you with ample features, which brings us to the next point.
- It provides you with thousands of themes and plugins. Any review of WordPress would be incomplete without the mention of themes and plugins. After all, as any WordPress user will tell you, these are some of the platform’s most defining features. WordPress offers you free themes as well as premium themes. It has thousands of themes in its theme directory. Even if you don’t find any that you like, you can create your own theme and upload it on the platform instantly. WordPress also offers over 40,000 plugins. Widgets, navigation bars, client portals, galleries, and calendars are just the tip of the iceberg of many more options to choose from. It features the most number of themes and plugins compared to other sites, so there it would be very hard not to find what you want. Such a tremendous variety of themes and plugins also enable users to cut down the resources to build a website from scratch thus rendering WordPress much more economical.
- It allows ease of publishing. Creating new posts on WordPress is just as easy as creating a Word document. WordPress allows you to create content and attach relevant media (pictures or videos) to go with it. Once you’ve finalized your content, you can make your post go live with just the click of a button. And that’s all there is to it.
- It features an efficient user management system.WordPress allows for a site to have multiple users. Not everyone requires the same amount of access to your site. For example, if you are a site admin, you can manage the site, while editors and authors work with the content on your site. Subscribers of your site will also have a profile they can manage. Such a system allows multiple people to contribute to your site and be part of your community.
- It allows for easy media management. As mentioned earlier, you can add pictures and videos to add more dimensions to your content and make it more efficient. Drag and drop your media into the uploader to add it to your website. To add media, all you need to do is drag and drop it onto the uploader and add it to your site. You can even modify your images using a few image editing tools provided by WordPress.
- It is forward compatible. This means that your website will never go out of date. It will retain its qualities even on a future generation browser. Thus, your website will always be active.
- It features a built-in comment section. This enables you to communicate with your readers directly, thus creating ease of communication. It can also be a forum for discussion among you and your readers.
- It is multilingual. WordPress can be used in over 70 languages. Thus, if you prefer to use a different language, changing your language settings is quite easy.
- It is search engine optimized. WordPress offers several SEO tools. Moreover, the code behind WordPress is quite clean and simple, making it easily detectable by search engines. The ability to use keywords and tags makes this all the more efficient.
- It makes importing content very easy. In case you plan to switch your content from another blog platform to WordPress, the latter makes this very easy to do.
- It has a vibrant community. Any queries you might have on using WordPress can be quickly sorted out by members of the WordPress community. This, in turn, also allows you to help others who are new to the community.
WordPress web hosting aims at “combining simplicity for users and publishers with under-the-hood complexity for developers,” thus creating a platform that remains easy and flexible to use.