What is Node.js?
How to choose the best Node.js host for you?
- Make sure you do your homework by comparing all the features that are provided by different hosting providers. Along with support for Node.js, you should get plenty of other features too and some freebies are bliss.
- And see that you the provider offers Node.js support for shared hosting too if you're looking to buy shared hosting as most of the hosting providers support Node.js only at higher level hosting like VPS or Dedicated servers.
- Consider other criteria too, such as maximum uptime guarantee, money back options, and make sure you choose a well-reputed hosting provider.
- Find a hosting provider that has a well-versed team with full knowledge of Node.js as at times you may need their assistance in setting up your server or web application.
- Make sure Node.js is not just another option for the web hosting provider but they are committed to providing the best service.
- And see that there is a large availability of APIs and developer-oriented tools. And make sure that the pricing is very reasonable as some hosting providers tend to charge more for something that is not very commonly used.
Why should you use Node.js?
A wide range of developers:
You can easily outsource the coding work to immensely talented developers and get the job done easily. If you try to do the coding by yourself, you can get the assistance or help from the developers' community.
Node Package Manager:
Being the world's largest source of open source libraries, installation of different code is very easy in Node Package manager. Having a good knowledge of the code that other developers have created makes you a better developer and that is possible with NPM.
Node.js gets major updates every 6 months and if you opt to upgrade your service with these updates, you may or may not have to face the upgrade policy of the hosting provider. But this will be so only in case of Shared or VPS hosting as Dedicated server is fully controlled by you and hosting provider doesn’t indulge in the upgrading the server. So make sure to read the upgrade policies properly.
When a new update is released, the previous version gets active support for 18 months, after that a 12 months support is provided as maintenance support.
Is Node.js a good choice for run time applications?
Yes.because, Node.js works on the event-driven model. Which means, when Node.js is handling a request, it sends it to perform a required task. At this waiting time to get the action completed, Node.js can handle other requests. This feature is very useful when there are requests coming from many different users. This means Node.js is a very good option for run time applications where your application takes input from multiple users and behaves according to the input of the users.
Can Node.js be used in shared hosting?
Node.js is more of a developer-oriented framework and you will need shell access to the server in order to deploy it. You can get SSH in VPS and Dedicated hosting only. Therefore, to work with node.js in a shared environment, make sure your hosting provider explicitly supports Node.js in shared hosting.
More about Node.js:
Node.jsis follows an event based mechanism. That is, a client requests a server for something and the server responds with respective response to the request. The server responds only when there is a request from a client. And then the connection is closed. This is very efficient and resources will not be kept busy always. Since the connection is closed, it is possible for the server to respond to other requests. But what happens when a massive amount of requests come at the same time? Here’s where node.js comes to play. Node.js follows a mechanism where when a file system is reading a file, the idle time is used to handle other requests. This mechanism keeps happening because of the event loop in Node.js.
Node.js is a gem when you use it with the right purpose and with right configurations. But no support to fully mature SQL implementation means you cannot use it if you have huge relational databases. The concept of one process at a time may prove costly if you have heavy data computation and processing. Rest said, it is one of the more advanced and trending options you can have if you have VPS or Dedicated hosting.
Other Popular Programming Languages to choose from:
Looking for a Different Hosting Service?
|Are you in need of other than all these Programming scripting Languages and Framework hosting service? Don't worry! we have compared a wide range of hosting services which meets all your hosting requirements which cover every website needs starting from small-scale personal websites to Large-scale Business Website Needs like Shared servers, Cloud servers, SSD servers, Managed WordPress, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated servers & much more. Compare all the hosting services today.